Supermicro has partnered with Fusion-io to bring the latest high performance storage technology to server system customers. Fusion-io’s solid state storage application accelerators, based on NAND Flash memory technology, offer several magnitudes of breakthrough performance improvement at a fraction of the cost of today’s traditional disk-based storage systems. The company’s ioMemory architecture creates a new tier in the memory hierarchy with 100 times the capacity density and 10 times the capacity per dollar of traditional DRAM. Fusion-io’s NAND flash-based PCI-E ioDrive cards provide terabytes of near-memory-speed storage in each Supermicro server node, bringing extremely large memory problems and I/O bound analysis to a new level of cost effectiveness.
A Supermicro server supporting ioDrive cards from Fusion-io can significantly improve its performance with efficient power economics. This means more server processing work can be performed in less time with less expense:
- 3-10X infrastructure consolidation
– Slash infrastructure expenditures, maintenance overhead, power and cooling costs.
- 3-10X application performance
– Eliminate I/O (input/output) bottlenecks to dramatically accelerate applications and databases.
- Enterprise reliability
– Get advanced error checking and correction (ECC), N+1 chip-level parity, longest life/predictable wear-out, no volatile digital RAM (DRAM)
This new approach to storage technology is applicable to Supermicro customers in a wide variety of applications such as Database/Data warehousing & OLTP, Web 2.0 Servers, HPC, Virtualization, Government, Military, Video rendering, Film conversion, and IPTV.