Report Ranks ForeScout Top Rated Performer in Current Offering and Strategy
Cupertino, Calif. — June 16, 2011 — ForeScout Technologies, Inc., a leading provider of automatedsecurity control solutions for Fortune 1000 enterprises and government organizations, has been confirmedas a leader in Network Access Control (NAC) solutions in the June 2011 report “The Forrester Wave™:Network Access Control, Q2 2011.” The report ranks ForeScout as the top rated performer in bothstrength of current product offering and strategy. ForeScout has been chosen by more than 1,000 of theworld’s most secure enterprises and military installations for global deployments spanning 37 countries.
Forrester Research, Inc. evaluated the top six vendors with enterprise-class Network Access Controlsolutions through a combination of vendor surveys, product demos, strategy briefings and customerreference calls for the report which provides a detailed review of the network access control market. Thevendors were then ranked against 72 criteria including current offering, strategy and market presence.
Key ForeScout capabilities referenced in the report include:
- Unified management: one enterprise manager appliance controls multiple NAC appliances.
- Integration: highly network and security infrastructure interoperable with broad enforcement options.
- Clientless (agentless) mode: works without agents and offers a non-persistent lightweight client.
- Hardware (appliance) or software (virtual appliance) deployment options.
- Heavy focus on IT consumerization, mobile device control and data center virtualization.
The report cites that users should “consider the vendor’s entire product portfolio and ease of deploymentas top considerations.
ForeScout’s automated security control platform, CounterACT, offers a cost-effective and integratedsolution for network access control (NAC), mobile security and endpoint compliance that overcomes thecomplexity, administrative burden and constraints of conventional network infrastructure and endpointprotection approaches. Among top reasons why customers choose ForeScout:
- Superior usability and manageability – ForeScout integrates best-in-class functionality in a highlyintuitive administrative GUI and web console. CounterACT’s built-in device classification, policyand report templates, combined with plug’n play interoperability with leading network and securityinfrastructures, allow customers to achieve rapid results with lower total costs.
- Mobile security – the ability to classify, report by brand and by user, and apply custom policies tocorporate and personal smartphones and mobile devices without requiring agents.
- Real-time, agentless visibility – readily see who, what and where resources are on your networkincluding users, device, applications, processes, ports, external devices, and compliance status.
- Rich guest registration – flexibility to set guest registration process, authentication, endpointcompliance, restrictions and monitoring based on visitor, time, device type and device integrity.
- Advanced post-admission monitoring – enables on-going monitoring of users/devices to enforcepolicy and detect malicious activity including the means to identify and stop propagating worms,MAC address spoofing and device spoofing such as impersonating a printer or IP phone.
- On-demand scalability – streamlines the administration, scale out and maintenance of multipleCounterACT appliances; where by one CounterACT console can manage 250,000 devices.
“ForeScout continues to be the go to NAC vendor of choice and we are proud of the outcome of this comprehensive analysis which confirms what our customers have been telling us for years – ForeScout isa NAC leader,” said Gord Boyce, CEO of ForeScout. “As the successful pure play in the market, morethan double the size of our nearest competitor, we have a distinct advantage to offer the industry’s mostinnovative NAC solution that affords our customer’s greater flexibility, scalability, assured results andongoing value.”
About ForeScout Technologies, Inc.
ForeScout enables its customers to unleash the full power of their network through enterprise-classsecurity and control. ForeScout’s automated solutions for network access control, mobile security, threatprevention and endpoint compliance empower organizations to gain access agility while preempting risksand eliminating remediation costs. Because ForeScout security solutions are easy to deploy, unobtrusive,intelligent and scalable, they have been chosen by more than 1,000 of the world’s most secure enterprisesand military installations for global deployments spanning 37 countries. Headquartered in Cupertino,California, ForeScout delivers its solutions through its network of authorized partners worldwide. Learnmore at www.forescout.com.
ForeScout Technologies, Inc. is a privately held Delaware corporation. ForeScout, the ForeScout logo, CounterACT andActiveResponse are trademarks of ForeScout. Other names mentioned may be trademarks of their respective owners.